Schools together with local authorities can prevent the transmission of corona virus from spreading altogether. Since school furniture could become a source of transmitting the virus, it becomes important to know how schools can ensure that the furniture is kept clean and free from transmission of germs.
How corona virus spreads?
First of all we need to understand how COVID 19 spreads. It spreads via respiratory droplets of an infected person when he/she coughs, sneezes or talks. Also, if an infected person touches an object like school furniture and another person happens to touch the same surface and then touch her eyes/ mouth or nose then chances of getting the infection increases.
Percentage of getting affected according to the age groups.
It has been studied that childrens below the age of 14 years and adults above age of 60 years are more prone to getting the virus. The reason being, that their immunity is less as compared to the 15-60 years category.
Therefore, it is important of know how can we protect our young generation from getting the deadly COVID 19 virus.
Following are the precautions that can be taken to prevent the spread of transmission of the virus in the school:
• Regular disposal of hand gloves should be encouraged.
• Concept of physical distancing should be followed in every way inside the school premises.
• Cleaning staff should make sure the disinfection of classroom furniture is being done at regular intervals.
•Desk or other furniture should be kept at a distance so that the next person can avoid touching the neighbour.
• Prior to disinfection, make sure all the dirt has been removed completely.
• If possible, schools can draft their curriculum in a way so that only a certain number of students can attend the classes in a particular time period.
• While doing so, schools can allow some students to use libraries while the rest of students can attend the classroom at the same time in order to create physical distancing.
• Ensure adequate amount of supplies like hand sanitizers, soap, paper towels, tissue to support health hygiene practices.
• Make sure regular cleaning of objects like door knobs, switchboard, windows, and cupboards.
• Disposal wipes can be used by teachers, staff so that objects like keyboards, desk and remote control can be clean before use.
• Ensure all gatherings like school assemblies and other events are avoided so as to create social distancing.
• Finally, educate and develop the awareness among children on why it is important to follow certain practices in order to prevent the transmission from COVID 19.
By following the above steps the schools can minimise the transmission of viruses in their school and the school furniture, thereby protecting the children as well the school staff from spreading of the transmission.